PARAGUAYAN CITIZENS VISITING AUSTRIA
TRAVEL INFO AND ETIAS REQUIREMENTS
An ETIAS authorisation will be required for every Paraguayan citizen for short-stay period in Austria starting from 2021.
A valid passport is required to enter Austria. All tourists entering Austrian territory from another (Schengen country) are exempted from presenting their passports to Austrian authorities. In this case, a national identity card is the only document needed.
The passport and other travel documents accepted for entry must be valid for a minimum of 3 months beyond the period of intended stay. All the Passports (or equivalent travel documents) issued more than ten years before the date of travel, may not be accepted.
A Schengen visa is mandatory for all nationals of Paraguay who stay in the country for a period greater than 90 days.
For short stay visits (less than 90 days within a period of 180 days), the visitors are exempted from obtaining a valid Schengen visa.
An ETIAS authorisation will become a mandatory requirement for every Paraguayan citizen starting from 2021.
ETIAS will have a validity of five years, and it can be used for an unlimited number of entries.
Austrian custom regulates and blocks the importing of several dangerous items such as weapons (the traveler must hold a valid European Firearm Pass), legal and illegal drugs.
Goods can be imported into Austrian territory following the mandatory limits regulated by the government:
If arriving from an EU Member State:
- Tobacco: Cigarettes (800), cigarillos (400), cigars (200), smoking tobacco (1kg).
- Alcohol: Spirits over 22% (10L), fortified wine or spirits up to 22% (20L), wine (90L), beer (110L).
If arriving from a non-EU country:
- Tobacco: Cigarettes (200), cigarillos (100), cigars (50), rolling tobacco (250g).
- Alchohol: Spirits over 22% (1L), fortified wine or spirits up to 22% (2L), non-sparkling wine (4L), beer (16L).
Money Amounts of over €10,000 (or equivalent in foreign currencies) in cash or travelers' cheques must be declared at the point of entry or exit of the EU. Visitors entering Austria with a one-way ticket and not having sufficient funds to purchase a return ticket might be refused to enter.
Infants up to 6 months old will be exempt from requiring a visa under the following conditions:
- the mother of the infant has a valid residence permit for Austria
- the father/legal guardian of the child has a valid residence permit for Austria and the guardianship of the infant has belonged only to the father/legal guardian
- if the legal guardian is a national of Austria, permanently residing in Austria and the guardianship of the infant has belonged only to this person.
List of Paraguayan diplomatic offices in Austria
Embassy of Paraguay in Vienna, Austria
Address: Prinz Eugen Strasse 18/1/2/7, 1040
Phone: (+43) (1) 505 4674
Fax: (+43) (1) 941 9898
Office Hours: 09.00 - 13.00
List of Austrian diplomatic offices in Paraguay
Consulate of Austria in Asuncion, Paraguay
Address: Av. Espana 1522 c/ Gral. Santos, 1444 Asuncion, Paraguay
Phone: (+595) (21) 22 50 22
Fax: (+595) (21) 22 50 23
Office Hours: 08:00 - 11:00
Details: Mr Jorge Brunotte - Consul General
- Routine Vaccines
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- German 88.6%;
- Turkish 2.3%;
- Serbian 2.2%;
- Croatian 1.6%;
- Other 5.3%
Area: 83,858 KM2
Timezone: UTC/GMT +1 hour
Currency: Euro (EUR)
Calling Code: +43