PARAGUAYAN CITIZENS VISITING ITALY
TRAVEL INFO AND ETIAS REQUIREMENTS
An ETIAS authorisation will be required for every Paraguayan citizen for short-stay period in Italy starting from 2021.
A valid passport is required to enter Italy. All tourists entering Italian territory from another (Schengen country) are exempted from presenting their passports to Italian authorities. In this case, a national identity card is the only document needed.
The passport and other travel documents accepted for entry must be valid for a minimum of 3 months beyond the period of intended stay. All the Passports (or equivalent travel documents) issued more than ten years before the date of travel, may not be accepted.
A Schengen visa is mandatory for all nationals of Paraguay who stay in the country for a period greater than 90 days.
For short stay visits (less than 90 days within a period of 180 days), the visitors are exempted from obtaining a valid Schengen visa.
An ETIAS authorisation will become a mandatory requirement for every Paraguayan citizen starting from 2021.
ETIAS will have a validity of five years, and it can be used for an unlimited number of entries.
Italian custom regulates and blocks the importing of several dangerous items such as weapons (the traveler must hold a valid European Firearm Pass), legal and illegal drugs.
Goods can be imported into Italian territory following the mandatory limits regulated by the government:
If arriving from a non-EU country:
- Tobacco: Cigarettes (800), cigarillos (400), cigars (200), tobacco (1Kg).
- Alcohol: Spirits over 22% volume (10L), alcoholic beverages under 22% volume (20L), wine (90L), beer (110L).
If arriving from an EU Member State:
- Tobacco: Cigarettes (200), cigarillos (100), cigars (50), tobacco (250g).
- Alcohol: Spirits over 22% volume (1L), alcoholic beverages under 22% volume (2L), wine (4L), beer (16L).
Money Amounts of over €10,000 (or equivalent in foreign currencies) in cash or travelers' cheques must be declared at the point of entry or exit of the EU. Visitors entering Italy with a one-way ticket and not having sufficient funds to purchase a return ticket might be refused to enter.
List of Paraguayan diplomatic offices in Italy
Embassy of Paraguay in Rome, Italy
Address: Viale Castro Pretorio, 116 Int. 5
Phone: (+39) 06 44704684
Fax: (+39) 06 4665517
List of Italian diplomatic offices in Paraguay
- Routine Vaccines
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- German (parts of Trentino-Alto Adige region are predominantly German-speaking);
- French (small French-speaking minority in Valle d'Aosta region);
- Slovene (Slovene-speaking minority in the Trieste-Gorizia area)
Area: 301,230 KM2
Timezone: UTC/GMT +1 hour
Currency: Euro (EUR)
Calling Code: +39
Power SocketsC European 2-pin
F Schuko plug
L Italian 3-pin